Spinach Risotto with Garlic and White Beans
I love making risotto – it’s easy and perfect for a crowd. This recipe for Spinach Risotto with Garlic and White Beans could not be more delicious. I love adding white beans for extra protein – a great tip for both rice and pasta dishes.
Lagostina asked me if I wanted to try their new Risotto Pot – a gorgeous and durable stainless steel pot complete with a cherry wood lid that doubles as a trivet! I made the recipe below using their new pot!
Ingredients for 4 servings
32 oz low sodium vegetable stock
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp butter
1 medium vidalia onion, peeled and diced
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 cups Arborio rice
¾ cup white wine
3 cups baby spinach
1 15oz can white beans, rinsed
1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
salt to taste
red pepper flakes
- Heat stock over low heat.
- Heat 2 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium low heat, and add onion and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium, add the rice and stir to toast, add white wine and cook until the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat back down to medium low and add the warm stock 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Once each cup has been absorbed, repeat with the remaining stock until none remains.
- Taste the rice to be sure it’s cooked. If it’s too al dente for your taste, add water ½ a cup at a time and stir until it’s absorbed and the rice has reached your desired texture.
- Add the spinach, white beans, half the cheese, the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt.
- Serve immediately, topped with the remaining cheese and red pepper flakes.
The Lagostina Risotto Pot (retail value $199.95) is so gorgeous! It’s display worthy…and that’s not always the case with well used pots and pans. I especially like its low profile, making it really easy to constantly stir the risotto. And the lid becomes a trivet! I’m sure I don’t have to remind you, but it’s never a good idea to place a screaming hot pot directly on the table. Now you don’t have to search for your trivets!