Roasted Carrot Salad with Lemon Yogurt
I found the most gorgeous purple and yellow heirloom carrots at my local farmer’s market. Perfect timing, too, because I was looking for a side dish for a recent lunch. This roasted carrot salad couldn’t be easier! So colorful, flavorful and healthy, too!
I’ve made heirloom carrots before – they are great for adding incredible color to your table.
1 bunch carrots, peeled with greens removed
4 tbsp olive oil, divided
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp plain yogurt
1/2 cup chickpeas
maldon salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and peel only the outer most layer of the carrots, set aside
- Toss carrots with 3 tbsp olive oil and place on baking sheet, roast at least 25 minutes until carrots are cooked but still crunchy
- While the carrots cook, toast the walnuts in a heavy bottomed pan over low heat for about 3-5 minutes or until they are warm and fragrant
- Make the yogurt dressing by mixing the lemon juice with the yogurt and remaining 1 tbsp olive oil until well combined, set aside
- When the carrots are finished cooking, plate by topping with chickpeas, walnuts and yogurt dressing, season to taste with maldon salt
- Enjoy immediately
Have you tried heirloom carrots? What’s your favorite way to prepare them? I hope you love this roasted carrot salad!