Homemade Tortilla Chips
Finding multiple uses for leftover food items is one of my favorite [kitchen] hobbies. Oh doesn’t that make me sound fun! But, really. Who wants to waste food? Not moi.
This recipe for homemade tortilla chips is super easy, and uses exactly what you already have in your fridge and pantry. Perfect with low fat egg salad or avocado and edamame guacamole, lemon feta dip or with roasted garlic!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
4 whole grain tortillas
1 tbsp olive oil
1 – 2 tsp fresh lime juice [depending how much tang you like!]
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil and lime juice with spices and mix
- Stack tortillas on top of each other, using a pizza cutter, slice tortillas in half and continue doing so until you have small sized triangular tortilla chips of your liking
- Toss cut tortilla chips with spiced oil and lime juice mixture and toss to coat evenly
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake about 10-12 minutes or until the tortillas are crispy and golden brown
- Eat immediately with your favorite dip
I like the extra teaspoon of fresh lime juice since it adds a nice tang to the chip. Plus with so many spices, there is not a shortage of bold flavors here and the lime just brightens everything a little. The crunchy edges were my favorite, and perfect to scoop up deliciousness. We ate ours with plain hummus. If you’re gluten free, this is a perfect use for corn tortillas!
What’s your favorite dip? Share your favs below! Have you ever made homemade tortilla chips before? Hope you enjoy…