Avocado and Edamame Guacamole
Avocados (and thus guacamole) might be one of my all time favorite foods. Need proof? An entire post was dedicated to avocado smashed on bread. So what better way to spruce up and old favorite than with some other old favorites!
I’ve been on a huge orange kick lately. Cold oranges! My mouth is watering just typing that. So, these two paired together? Heavenly.
1C green peas, shelled and steamed
1C edamame, shelled and steamed
2 avocados, pit and skin removed, quartered
2 limes, juiced
1tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Jalapeño, finely diced (optional)
1 package blood orange Simple and Crisp
- In a food processor, pulse peas and edamame until finely chopped
- Add lime juice, pulse until combined
- Empty pea and edamame mixture into a large bowl, add avocado and mash to combine
- Add cilantro, and jalapeños if you are using, taste to season
- With a small cookie scoop or a teaspoon, pile about 1 teaspoon of guacamole on a slice of blood orange Simple and Crisp
- Enjoy immediately
This recipe for avocado and edamame guacamole is higher in protein than normal guacamole thanks to protein rich edamame and extra creamy thanks to steamed peas.
How do you like your guacamole? Heavy on the salt and lime? Heavy on the heat? Share your thoughts in the comments below! I’d love to hear from you. Hope you enjoy…