Vanilla Hazelnut Pancakes
My husband doesn’t ask for much. Really, he doesn’t. But a few Sundays ago he put in a request for pancakes. We don’t have pancakes often, but who am I to say no? This really was a treat, so in honor of the special occasion, I served mimosas, too. Side note – any new (soon-to-be or veteran) moms listen to the Totally Mommy podcast? If you don’t, you should! As I was pouring our drinks, the theme song chimed in my head “…mommy needs a drink!” Ahh, champagne.
Hungry Jack teamed up with T-Fal in honor of National Pancake Day! They sent me both products to test out. This was my first try at doctoring up a packaged pancake mix and it was quick and easy! Wow. Tasty, too!
Ingredients for two servings:
1 cup Hungry Jack pancake mix
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup crushed and toasted hazelnuts
butter to cook pancakes
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Prepare mix according to package directions
- Stir in the vanilla and half of the hazelnuts
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly grease (I used this one)
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter on the skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the pancakes, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes, repeat with remaining batter
- Place cooked pancakes in oven to stay warm until you are ready to serve
- Once you’ve cooked all of the pancakes, plate each topped with the rest of the crushed hazelnuts and maple syrup
The better your non-stick pan is, the less butter is needed, and the easier your pancakes will slide off. Investing in a good non-stick cookware and bakeware is life changing! This new skillet from T-Fal is incredible! I’ve already bought one as a gift.