Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
While I’m hesitant to add another pumpkin recipe to the already overflowing internet world of pumpkin, this recipe really is worth it. I love serving coffee cake to brunch guests, and it’s a great food to bring when you are a brunch guest. It’s easy to incorporate into almost any menu as it can be served with the main course or the dessert course. Plus it travels well. My recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip coffee cake was inspired by this recipe for lemon blueberry cake.
Recently Dreamfarm sent me a few of their baking tools – they’re so colorful and sweet. For this recipe I used their Supoon (sit-up-scraping-spoon) and their Levoons (self-leveling measuring spoons). I also used the Butterfly Duo Scraper (which, btw, doubles as an amazing pot scraper and a cake leveler!).
1/3 C flour
1/2 stick butter
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C packed brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 C flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 stick butter
3/4 C sugar
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 tbsp vanilla
1/4 C buttermilk
1 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease a round 9″ spring form pan
- Prepare the crumb topping by pulsing all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor then set aside in a small bowl
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder
- In the bowl of a food processor, mix butter, egg, sugar, pumpkin and vanilla until well combined
- Pour sugar and butter mixture into flour mixture and stir with Supoon until combined, add buttermilk and mix again
- Fold in chocolate chunks and pour into greased pan, smooth the top down with a spatula or a Butterfly Duo Scraper
- Top the cake with crumbs and gently press into batter
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean
- Let cake rest at least 15 minutes then serve warm or allow to cool and serve at room temperature
Measuring dry ingredients is so fast and easy with Levoons (self-leveling measuring spoons).
Dreamfarm’s Supoon measures, stirs and scrapes. I love a good multipurpose tool!
What’s your favorite way to bake with pumpkin? I’d love to hear from you! Oh, one last thing…! Enter below for your chance to win a 5-piece baking suite including the Supoon, Levoons, Butterfly Duo Scraper, Silpat and Spice Grater valued at almost $75! Good luck and happy baking!