Pancakes with Blueberry Chia Syrup
My husband and I have always been big breakfast people. We also love hosting friends and family for Sunday brunch. And thanks to our early morning baby, we are have plenty of time for breakfast before I start preparing brunch.
In honor of National Pancake Day (who doesn’t love that?!) I made fluffy ricotta pancakes with blueberry chia syrup and fresh blueberries.
T-Fal sent me their newest non-stick frying pan to help me with my pancakes! This is seriously one of my favorite brands for non-stick cookware. Everyone in my house is hooked — it’s perfect for eggs, meat or fish, french toast or pancakes…the list goes on. I really loved the large size of this frying pan which made it easy to cook six pancakes at once.
Super easy to clean (a plus for us busy moms!) the pan basically just wipes clean. But perhaps my most favorite aspect of this pan is the T-Fal Thermo Spot which tells you exactly when the pan is ready to cook! Who hasn’t burned a batch of pancakes because of uneven hot spots or an overheated pan? Personally, I love fluffy pancakes inside and crispy outside. This pan is perfect for new and seasoned chefs alike.
And lucky you! Target and Amazon.com are offering special T-fal Cookware discounts in honor of National Pancake Day. You can get 15% OFF select T-fal non-stick cookware at Target and Target.com from Feb 27th – March 3rd.
Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup milk 0r more
1/4 cup greek yogurt
3 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
coconut oil spray
Blueberry Chia Syrup
1 cup blueberries
1 tsp chia seeds
1 cup maple syrup
1. Mix wet ingredients then set aside
2. Make the blueberry chia syrup by heating blueberries and chia seeds in a pot until the blueberries burst, add maple syrup and stir until well combined, set aside
3. Mix dry ingredients then add to wet ingredients in three batches, if the batter is too thick, add more milk
4. Heat a nonstick pan and spray with coconut oil, when the pan is ready, add batter to the pan using an ice cream scoop
5. Wait for bubbles to form on each pancake then flip
6. Serve warm with blueberry chia syrup and extra blueberries
What’s your favorite pancake recipe?