Homemade Shrimp Burgers
This post is sponsored by Vlasic®. While I was compensated for my time, all opinions are my own.
In my house we enjoy shrimp all year round, but come summer, I find myself making it all the time. These burgers have become a summertime favorite — light, flavorful, and easy to prepare, they make a very tasty weeknight dinner. Also, because shrimp have a mild flavor they make an excellent canvas to build assertive flavors like the vinegary bite of pickle juice, the freshness of lemon zest and parsley, and a hint of heat with sriracha.
Farmer’s Garden® by Vlasic® pickles are artisanal-quality, premium pickles, made with honest ingredients and no artificial flavors. Farmer’s Garden pickles are made with the finest, specially selected ingredients – deliciously ripe cucumbers, whole garlic cloves, slices of red bell pepper, rounds of carrots and fresh herbs and spices – harvested at the peak of freshness.
– Each Farmer’s Garden cucumber is hand-packed in a traditional mason jar and pickled using home-style canning techniques to lock in the bold, fresh taste.
– There are five delicious varieties of Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic pickles: Zesty Garlic Chips, Bread & Butter Chips, Kosher Dill Spears, Kosher Dill Halves and Dill Chips.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp grainy mustard
1 tbsp pickle juice
1/2 lemon, zested
1 tbsp sriracha
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup panko
Salt and ground pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic Bread and Butter Chips
scallion, sliced on the bias
- In a blender or food processor, grind half the shrimp until finely chopped into a paste, set aside in a large bowl
- Chop remaining shrimp into bite sized pieces and add to ground shrimp
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, pickle juice, lemon zest, sriracha and scallions
- Add seasoned mayonnaise to shrimp mixture, fold to combine
- Mix in panko and parsley until well incorporated, season to taste with salt and pepper
- Form mixture into four even sized patties and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight
- Heat olive oil and butter over high heat in a large non-stick or cast iron skillet
- Cook shrimp burgers 4-6 minutes or until browned on one side, flip and cook another 4 minutes or until cooked through
- Serve over a salad or on a toasted brioche bun with mashed avocado, bread and butter pickles, lettuce and additional scallions
These burgers are delicious whether cooked inside in a pan, or outside on the grill. For urban dwellers without outdoor space or a grill, using a grill pan offers the convenience of stovetop cooking while still getting a “grilled” finished product. And of course those lucky enough with a Weber at their disposal, I don’t have to tell you how delicious homemade burgers are on the grill.
Did you know that seventy years ago, pickling pioneer Joseph Vlasic used fresh, locally grown cucumbers, herbs and spices to create unique pickle recipes that have been shared for generations? Today, we’re savoring that same simple concept with Farmer’s Garden pickles, in a celebration of authentic, flavorful foods.
For those of you on social media: you can follow the conversation on Twitter using #FarmtoJar. For all readers: you can enter for a chance to win a summer entertaining package, worth $1,500, through the Savor Simplicity Sweepstakes. Visit www.farmersgardenvlasic.com to enter and for more information on Savor Simplicity.
Share your own simple moments that you savor in life by commenting on this post using the hashtag #FarmToJar and be entered for a chance to win a free jar of Farmer’s Garden by Vlasic Pickles and a Farmer’s Garden tote bag.
Hope you enjoy!