Bad Wolf! I know I promised you this recipe from a while back after it was featured at our Super Bowl party. Sorry for the delay…the den has been busy.
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained*
1tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
1tsp garlic, minced
1/2tsp smoked paprika
Salt + pepper
*Did you know that rinsing canned and jarred foods can remove more than 40% of their sodium? Wash those beans! #NutritionNerd.
1. Rinse and dry chickpeas
2. Place chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, and garlic in the food processor
3. Juice the lemon, and add juice to food processor
4. Blend the ingredients in processor until smooth
5. Taste the hummus and add paprika, salt + pepper to your liking, whir hummus until spices combined
6. Serve with pita chips and fresh vegetables, or schmear on bread as a mayonnaise replacement for sandwiches (it’s good…trust me!)
What you’ll need:
Crushed black pepper — he’s a beauty in his mini stainless canister:
Washing the chickpeas:
Chickpeas in the food processor:
Filled with goodies:
All mixed up and ready to go:
Ready for chips and veggies:
What’s your favorite way to season hummus? If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear your thoughts!
The Future Mrs. Wolf