Baked Crispy Green Beans
I’m a snacker. I snack while working at home, and of course on the go between meetings. But that means I need to bring snacks with me. Sometimes my everyday staples (fruit, nuts, cheese sticks, raw vegetables, hard boiled eggs…) seem mundane. So when Nourish Snacks contacted me about sampling their product, I jumped at the opportunity!
Recently I’ve been craving slightly spicy and savory snacks, which made their Hot and Popular (peanuts with half popped corn kernels) an easy choice. The combination tastes really delicious on its own, but paired with a vegetable…now we’re talking.
I often see crispy green beans on the menu at restaurants. But these dishes are usually deep fried and loaded with fat and calories. My version is lower in carbohydrates, packed with nutrients thanks to healthy fats from peanuts, and healthier because it’s baked! Keep reading for my take on baked crispy green beans.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
2 packages Hot and Popular
1 pound green beans, washed and dried then trimmed
2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Empty the Hot and Popular into a blender or food processor, quickly pulse until you have very small pieces (be sure to constantly check the progress so that you don’t wind up with peanut butter, see the photo below for a clear shot of the texture), place on a large plate
- In a large bowl, toss cleaned and prepped green beans with olive oil
- Roll each green bean in the peanut and corn mixture until evenly coated
- Place on cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until the green beans are just cooked and the coating is crisp
- Serve immediately
What’s your favorite way to eat green beens? Have you ever tried Nourish Snacks? Share your favs below! Hope you enjoy…